Wickens, Herzer, Panza, Cook & Batista Co.
35765 Chester Road
Avon, OH 44011-1262
(440) 695-8067 (Office)
(440) 320-8984 (Cell)
- Dental Law
- Group Practice
- Practice Management
- Practice Transitions
- Tax Law
William P. Prescott, Esq, EMBA
William Prescott’s presentations educate the dentist or dental specialist on all business, legal and tax aspects of practice exit and entry choices, co-ownership, associateships, valuations, hiring and retaining quality employees, retirement plan funding and personal planning.
Why choose Mr. Prescott?
- Bill represents dentists and dental specialists in the areas of developing business and tax structures for co‑ownership, associate buy‑ins, owner buy‑outs, compensation planning, practice sales and acquisitions, valuations, group practice and solo group arrangements, dispute resolution, fringe and employee benefits, and business and tax planning.
- He is the author of numerous books and articles on the law and dentistry.
- Bill is a member of the Business Organizations & Tax Department and serves on the Board of Directors of Wickens, Herzer, Panza, Cook & Batista, Attorneys at Law.
- Prior to practicing law with the same firm for 28 years, Bill worked in the dental equipment and supply industry, primarily with Saslow and Meer Dental Companies, for 16-1/2 years as a territory representative, equipment specialist and General Manager, Saslow Dental Company — Northern Ohio.
- Martindale-Hubbell has awarded Bill an AV rating for preeminent legal ability and having the highest ethical standards.
- Bill has also been elected as a Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel.
“Group Practice: Look before you leap, especially into a nontraditional group” (Part 1), Dental Economics, July 2017
“The dental associate contract” (Part 2), Dental Economics, June 2017
“The dental associate contract” (Part 1), Dental Economics, May 2017
“Personal Goodwill in Asset Sale of “C” Corporations”, The Practical Tax Lawyer, Spring 2017, Co-authored with Mark G. Sklarz, Jeffrey M. Dirmann, Evangeline V. Kliegman
“Worker Classification Issues: Generally and in Professional Practices”, The Practical Tax Lawyer, Winter 2017, Co-authored with Mark P. Altieri, J.D., LL.M., CPA, PFS; Kelly A. VanDenHaute, J.D.; Russell I. Tietz, CPA
Joining And Leaving the Dental Practice, Third Edition (To Be Released in Early 2018)
Joining And Leaving the Dental Practice, Second Edition, Berning & Affiliates, Inc., 2012
Joining And Leaving the Dental Practice, First Edition, 2008
Business, Legal, And Tax Planning for the Dental Practice, Second Edition, PennWell Corporation, 2001
Business, Legal, And Tax Planning for the Dental Practice, First Edition, PennWell Corporation, 1994
The Practice Acquisition Handbook, Berning & Affiliates, Inc., 1997
The Limited Liability Company and Other Entities for Dentistry, Berning & Affiliates, Inc., 1996