Baird Dental Business Concepts
PO Box 817
Sewanee, TN 37375
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service
- Frontline Skills
- Practice Management
- Team Building
Sandy Baird, MBA
Are you ready for your practice to thrive? Not just survive?
Dental practices that systemize around: exceeding patient expectations, creating self-managed teams, and exhibiting excellent communication skills create competitive advantages such as uniqueness, adaptability, and resistance.
With a Masters in Business Administration, over 35 years of hands-on dental management experience (and marriage to a dentist!), Sandy Baird has walked in your meeting attendee’s shoes. Let Sandy take your attendees to their next level of success through her presentations focused on systemization, leadership, embezzlement and more.
Choose from Sandy’s most requested course offerings below. Mix and match to create your customized single or multisegment breakout or full day session.
It is estimated that over 80% of dentists will be embezzled in their career at least once.
Don’t let your practice be part of those statistics. No one is immune to embezzlement. Be aware and protect your practice from this danger. Gain a thorough education on the causes and effects of embezzlement. Sandy provides safeguards so you can prevent, detect, and respond to suspicions of criminal behavior within your practice.
- Define the difference between embezzlement, fraud and stealing
- Learn why it happens so frequently in dental practices
- Analyze the profile of the typical dental embezzler
- Recognize who is most likely to embezzle
- Understand how embezzlement happens and how it is detected
- Discover methods for detecting and preventing embezzlement
- Identify preventive measures that can be immediately implemented
- Realize techniques for responding to suspicions
Suggested Format: Up to half day
Suggested Audience: Due to the sensitive nature of topics discussed, this presentation is geared to Dentist and Practice Owners only
When you own a practice, you quickly discover that critical skill gaps inevitably cause some of the biggest headaches in every practice.
- Communication skill gaps contribute to emotionally charged situations and create difficult people— whether they are patients or team members
- Leadership skill gaps contribute to employee problems like chronic lateness, underperformance, constant complaining, persistent negativity, and failure to comply
- Business system gaps cause multiple problems with scheduling, new patient acquisition and patient retention, financial and performance monitoring
- Customer service skill gaps can compound a decade- long trend of declining dental practice revenues in the era of instant social media and public review sites
A clear, structured, fail-safe approach to practice management skills can cure staffing headaches, create a healthy work environment, re-energize the team, and reap huge benefits. Learn proven ways to integrate critical systems, increase revenues, improve patient satisfaction and retention, boost online and word-of-mouth referrals, maximize morale, and minimize miscommunication risks.
Mix ‘n match components of this lecture with the following to create your customized presentation!
Scheduling for Success: Work Smarter, Not Harder – Did you know that the #1 reason a patient refers a practice is because they run on schedule? Sandy teaches dental teams how to exceed scheduling goals and capture 20- 30% more production everyday. In addition, attendees will learn how to handle no-shows, late arrivers and canceled appointments.
Dealing with Difficult People in a Professional Setting: Don’t Let it Ruin Your Day – All dental practices have difficult patients, but dealt with correctly they can turn into your best referrer. This presentation will teach you how to manage difficult patients in your practice, including providing scripts and verbal tools for the team to implement in the practice.
- Pinpoint the skills and essential qualities of an effective doctor-leader
- Understand critical communication skills for leadership in the 21st century
- Identify ways your dental team can communicate care and warmth to your patients
- Define the elements of an exceptional dental team
- Recognize the minimal components of a first-class professional atmosphere
- Establish strategies for dealing with difficult people, both patients and employees
- Explore patient-centered operational systems which enhance practice profitability and productivity
- Learn proven ways to develop and implement an employee handbook
Suggested Format: Full or Half-Day; Lecture, Workshop, Keynote
Suggested Audience: Dentists, Office Managers, Coordinators, Full Team
As of August 1, 2016, OSHA fines for dental offices increased from $7,000 to $12,471 per violation and that repeated violation fines increased from $70,000 to $124,709 per violation? OSHA is serious about their regulations. (Source: Dental Compliant Specialists)
It only takes one phone call from an unhappy employee or patient to put your business at risk. Sandy utilizes adult learning techniques to encourage interactivity and enhance the learning of this potentially dry subject matter. Attendees enjoy participating in “OSHA Family Feud” and other activities, which help solidify the learning. This presentation will provide your dental team with everything they need to know about OSHA and how to ensure your practice stays compliant.
- Clarify how OSHA impacts a dental practice
- Learn what obligations are necessary to meet the pathogen and hazard communication standards
- Discover what OSHA requires from both the practice and the employees
- Understand training requirements: the what, when, how and who for achieving compliance
- Discuss post-exposure protocol
- Explore procedures for controlling contamination and infection in the dental practice
Suggested Format: Up to Half-Day
Suggested Attendees: All Team Members
In 2011, one small practice had a USB “stick” stolen; it contained some of their patients’ Protected Health Information. At the end of 2013, the Department Health and Human Services announced a $150,000 settlement of the case. HIPAA is no joking matter and carries painful penalties if you ignore it. (Source: Dentistry IQ)
Any patient can submit a complaint on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources website which can lead to fines and even imprisonment. Attendees enjoy Sandy’s interactive presentations which bring humor and fun to this potentially dry subject matter, while solidifying the learning. Sandy provides dental teams with the knowledge and tools to achieve and remain HIPAA compliant.
- Clarify how HIPAA impacts a dental practice
- Learn practice obligations for the Privacy and Security Act and the Breach Notification Rule
- Understand how to protect your PHI, yourself and your employees
- Explore the interaction between technology and HIPAA
- Identify how to organize, train and execute HIPAA requirements
Suggested Format: Up to half day
Suggested Audience: All Team Members
The ginkgo tree is one of the most successful species on or planet. This is because their systems result in competitive advantages, such as uniqueness, adaptability, and resistance. Advantages no different than those required of successful dental practices. It is the dental practices that systemize around: exceeding patient expectations, creating self-managed teams, and exhibiting excellent communication skills which have the ability to not just survive, to thrive in this new 21st century business environment.
With a Masters in Business Administration, over 35 years of hands-on dental management experience and marriage to a dentist, Sandy Baird has walked in your meeting attendee’s shoes.
She understands how efficient, effective businesses organize and operate. She brings the experience and knowledge necessary to take attendees to the next level of success through presentations focused on building self-managed team, leadership, embezzlement and more.
Whether it is in office, on-stage, or on the phone, her goals are to reduce practice stress, risks, and inefficiencies while increasing rewards to the dentists, the team, and their patients. Her presentations focus on building a turn-key dental practice managed by proven business systems. Sandy is passionate about sharing her knowledge and experiences through seminars, workshops, and training sessions.
- Cleveland Dental Study Club
- Cookeville Dental Study Club
- Crossville Dental Society
- Edmonds Laboratory: Women in Dentistry Symposium
- Jackson Dental Study Club
- Lakeway Area Dental Study Club
- Maryville Dental Study Club (multiple)
- Middle Tennessee Study Club (multiple)
- Millennium Study Club
- MSC Dental Study Club
- Ocoee Study Club (multiple)
- Port City Seattle Study Club
- Tennessee First District Dental Meeting
- Tennessee Second District Dental Meeting
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Fall Dental Conference
—Keren Sperling, DMD, MSc
“Sandy Baird displayed a wealth of knowledge and wisdom that is only gained by real-world, in-the-office-every-day experience. Sandy was well-prepared, passionate and energetic in her approach. I was very impressed by her expertise and presentation.”
—Richard Barbee, CPA
“When Sandy Baird spoke for my study club recently several doctors thanked me for having such a great speaker. Sandy’s message was one that could be put into use on Monday morning and I would love to have her back in the future to speak on another topic.”
—Bart Benson, DDS
“Because of her many years of experience in the dental profession, Sandy has tremendous knowledge. Her presentation to our dental society was energetic, informative, interesting and very helpful.”
—Paul Bacon, DDS
“Mrs. Baird is a high energy, knowledgeable presenter on the financial matters and systems that effect dentist most.”
—Matthew Brock, DDS, MSD
“Sandy is a dynamic speaker who also has real world experience that is so valuable when helping dentists face the challenges of managing a dental practice.”
—Cory Glenn, DDS
“Sandy is a passionate team motivator who encourages each player to better understand how his or her work affects others on the team!”
—Dan Merwin, DDS
“Sandy’s pearls of wisdom in team building and practice system organization demonstrate her breadth of experience in health care management.”
—George S. Lee, MD, DDS
“Sandy can breathe life into the dullest of topics.”
—Rhonda Switzer, DMD
“Sandy Baird is an outstanding communicator with the highest integrity. She has a complete mastery of her subject and comes well prepared. She presents the information in a well-organized and audience friendly manner. She is able to keep your attention, and convince you to follow her recommendations.”
—Chuck Felts, DDS
Why choose Sandy?
- Sandy brings the wisdom of one with a Masters in Business Administration and 35+ years of hands-on dental management experience to her presentations.
- She understands how efficient, effective businesses organize and operate.
- Her presentations focus on building a turn-key dental practice managed by proven business systems.
- Sandy is passionate about sharing her knowledge and experiences through seminars, workshops, and training sessions.