- Laser Dentistry
- Virtual Presentations
Robert A. Convissar, DDS, FAGD
The excitement, hype and benefits of laser dentistry have been shaped, stretched, exaggerated and often poorly conveyed by the dental laser industry in an attempt to promote a truly revolutionary tool in your practice’s armamentarium. Lasers have an important role to play in general dentistry, but you need to learn from an independent voice.
Dr. Bob Convissar has been a pioneer in laser dentistry. He was one of the very first dentists to incorporate lasers into general practice and has written numerous text books and peer reviewed papers on the subject. He’s seen and heard it all and works diligently to convey his knowledge while dispelling the myths from the true benefits. When it comes to training and certification, Dr. Convissar recognizes that knowledge and proper training will build the confidence required to allow you and your staff to incorporate lasers effectively into your practice and use them to their fullest capacity.
Why choose Dr. Convissar?
- Dr. Convissar has lectured at virtually every large dental meeting multiple times and six years in a row for ADA. He has circumnavigated the globe three times as a lecturer.
- He is the only laser lecturer to have been named one of the Top 100 Leaders in C.E. by Dentistry Today TWELVE times in a row (2005 – 2016)
Dr. Convissar is one of the only dentists in the 60 year history of the Dental Clinics of North America series of textbooks to have been asked to edit/author the same topic (laser dentistry) twice – October 2000 and October 2004.
- Besides the two DCNA textbooks, Quintessence published his third textbook – Atlas of Laser Applications in Dentistry – in January 2007 (Translated into Greek as well).
- His fourth textbook on laser dentistry (Principles and Practice of Laser Dentistry) was published by W.B. Saunders/Mosby/Elsevier in June 2010 (translated into Spanish and Portuguese…with a Mandarin edition underway). It is currently the # 1 selling laser dentistry textbook in the world. A second edition was published in April 2015, and is selling faster than the first edition. It has been the # 1 selling book on laser dentistry 7 years running.
- His FIFTH book – Handbook of Infant Tongue Ties and Lip Tie Laser Frenectomies was recently published.
- He has written over a dozen peer-reviewed publications on laser dentistry.
Author: Principles and Practice of Laser Dentistry June 2010 published by W.B. Saunders/Mosby/Elsevier
Author: Atlas of Laser Applications in Dentistry – January, 2007 published by Quintessence Publications
Guest Editor: Textbook of Lasers in Clinical Dentistry – October, 2004 published by W.B. Saunders
“Lasers in General Dentistry” – chapter in the textbook Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, May, 2004
Guest Editor, Dental Clinics of North America – Lasers and Light Amplification in Dentistry – October, 2000 published by W.B. Saunders
“Top Ten Myths About CO2 Lasers: Dentistry Today Volume 28 Number 4, April 2009. Eligible for 2 hours of Continuing Education Credit
“A Rationale For The Use Of Er.YAG Lasers In Endodontic Therapy” Proc. SPIE Vol 5 No. 28, November 2003
“An Overview of Lasers in Dentistry” General Dentistry Volume 51 Number 5, September, 2003
“Laser Palliation of Oral Manifestations of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection”, Journal of the American Dental Association Volume 33 May, 2002
“Caries Detection for the 21st Century” Dentistry Today Volume 20 No. 8, August 2001
“A Combined Erbium/Carbon Dioxide Laser for Soft and Hard Tissue Procedures” – Dentistry Today, January, 2001
“Soft Tissue Biopsy Techniques for the General Practitioner” Parts I and II- September and October 2000 in Dentistry Today – both peer-reviewed papers eligible for 1 hour of C.E. Credit through Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery
“Lasers and biopsy artefacts” (letter) Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Radiology and Endodontics November 1997 Volume 84 number 5 page 458
“Aphthous ulcers and lasers “(letter) Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Radiology and Endodontics August 1996 Volume 82 Number 2 Page 18
“Laser Treatment of Orthodontically Induced Gingival Hyperplasia” General Dentistry January/February 1996 Volume 44 Number 1 Pages 47-51
“Laser Treatment As An Adjunct To Removable Prosthetic Care” General Dentistry July/August 1995 Volume 43 Number 4 Pages 336-341
“Recurrent Aphthous Ulcers: Etiology and Laser Ablation” General Dentistry November/December 1992 Volume 40 Number 6 Pages 512-515
“Reshaping A First Premolar With A Composite Resin To Replace A Missing Canine” General Dentistry July/August 1986 Volume 34 Number 4 Pages 301-302