- Practice Management
- Virtual Presentations
Paul A. Rosenberg, DDS
The playing field is not level. Some patients may be predisposed to pain.
Treating patients with similar teeth, comparable medical / dental histories, and using the same clinical approach, may not result in a common outcome. While one patient may experience absolutely no pain the other may have severe pain and swelling. Often the clinician assumes that the problem is due to a procedural error. However, that may not be the complete answer.
Pain is affected by a number of well-defined demographic, socio-cultural, psychological and biological variables. Drawing upon his extensive clinical knowledge and his research while using the best available evidence, Dr. Paul A. Rosenberg will review the influence of genetics, gender and anxiety as well as specific clinical factors that can predispose a patient to pain.
The educational goal of this evidence-based translational presentation is to broaden the participant’s understanding of biological and clinical factors associated with pain from pulp/periapical pathosis and endodontic treatment. Dr. Rosenberg discusses an evidence based approach to analgesics and controversies concerning analgesics for pregnant patients.
At the conclusion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the predisposing biologic and clinical factors that affect a patientís variable responses to endodontic procedures: genetics, gender, psychological state, and environmental factors
- Differentiate between odontogenic vs. non-odontogenic pain
- Understand therapeutic approaches for the anxious patient
- Identify patients that are most likely to experience pain following endodontic treatment
- Recognizing and resolving problems with local anesthesia for the “Hot Tooth”
- Classify the causes/treatments of exacerbation of the vital and non-vital tooth pain
- Appropriately plan single or multi-visit root canal treatment
- Develop an evidence-based, basic pain preventive strategy
- Formulate a basic pharmacologic strategy for prevention and effective management of pain
Take the learning deeper!
The Endodontic/Implant Relationship: History, Present, Future
This evidenced based presentation will focus on the dynamic treatment planning relationship between Endodontics and Implants. The history of that relationship, where it is today and what the future looks like will be reviewed. Case selection and strategies to avoid complications will be discussed in order to provide the patient with the most predictable outcome. Concerning the future we will review evidence relating to who is most likely to be placing implants in the future and how general practice will be affected. At the conclusion of this presentation the clinician will be better prepared to make treatment planning decisions concerning Endodontics or Implants.
Practice Management Aspects of the Lecture
Our culture associates endodontics with pain. This lecture provides important clinical tips that are useful for the clinician in preventing and efficiently treating pain. The tips can be used in your practice to alter your pain management strategy. Patients who experience pain-free endodontics can be your best advocates and an effective practice builder!
Mix & Match Components to Create Your Customized Presentation:
- Prevention, causes, diagnosis and treatment of endodontic pain.
- The dynamic treatment planning relationship between endodontics and implants.
- Interactive review of challenging cases that participants submit for discussion. Attendees love it!
Dr. Paul A. Rosenberg provides dentists with the tools to successfully prevent or manage pain in the endodontic patient. His evidence-based presentation draws upon his extensive research and clinical knowledge, offering vital clinical tips and protocols which can be easily implemented when developing pain preventive strategies.
He is the recipient of the Distinguished Teaching Award at New York University, which is its highest honor for teaching. He served as Professor and Chair of the Department of Endodontics and Post-Graduate Director at NYU College of Dentistry for over 25 years. Dr. Rosenberg’s many years of experience training dental professionals is evident in his candid, enlightening and engaging teaching style.
Dr. Rosenberg lectures nationally and internationally on the subject of endodontic pain. He has published extensively in journals and textbooks. His new book, Endodontic Pain: Diagnosis, Causes, Prevention and Treatment, was recently published by Springer.
He maintains a practice limited to Endodontics in New York City.
-Abu Dhabi Dental Society
-ACTA Dental School; Amsterdam, Netherlands (multiple)
-Bi-annual Meeting European Endodontic Society; Athens, Greece
-Congress of Italian Dentists
-Croatian Endodontic Society, University of Zagreb
-Eastman Dental Hospital; London, England
-European Society of Endodontology; Brussels
-Italian Dental Study Club; Rome, Italy
-Langham Endodontic Study Club; London, England
-NYU in Paris Dental Education Program; Paris, France
-NYU in Venice Dental Education Program; Venice, Italy
-NYU College of Dentistry International Alumni Meeting; Florence, Italy
-NYU International Program at Mahiadol Hospital; Bangkok, Thailand
-University of Barcelona, Spain
-University of Cagliari; Sardinia, Italy
Dental School Meetings
-Baylor Health Science Center
-Columbia University, School of Dental and Oral Surgery (multiple)
-Harvard School of Dental Medicine
-Nova Southeastern University
-Oregon Health Science Center, Portland Oregon
-University of Alabama at Birmingham
-University of Buffalo, New York
-University of California Los Angeles, School of Dentistry
-University of California at San Francisco
-University of Florida
-University of Illinois, School of Dentistry
-University of Maryland School of Dentistry
-University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
-University of Missouri, Kansas City
-University of North Carolina
-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
-University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
-University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
National Dental Meetings
-American Association of Endodontists (multiple)
-American Dental Association
-Greater New York Dental Meeting (multiple)
-Annual Tri-Service Dental Meeting; Norfolk, Virginia Naval Base
-United States Naval Post Graduate School; Bethesda, Maryland
-Langham Endodontic Study Club; London, England
-Coolidge Study Club; Chicago, IL
—Ken M. Hargreaves, DDS, PhD
UT Health Science Center; San Antonio, TX
Why choose Paul?
- Dr. Rosenberg received the 2017 American Association of Endodontists IB Bender Lifetime Educator Award.
- Awarded the 2017 American Association of Endodontics IBBender Lifetime Educator Award
- Dr. Paul A. Rosenberg provides dentists with the tools to successfully prevent or manage pain in the endodontic patient.
- His evidence-based presentation draws upon his extensive research and clinical knowledge.
- He is the recipient of the Distinguished Teaching Award at New York University, which is its highest honor for teaching.
- He served as Professor and Chair of the Department of Endodontics and Post-Graduate Director at NYU College of Dentistry for over 25 years.
- Dr. Rosenberg’s many years of experience training dental professionals is evident in his candid, enlightening and engaging teaching style.
- He has published extensively in journals and textbooks.
- His book is entitled: Endodontic Pain: Diagnosis, Causes, Prevention and Treatment.
Articles by Dr. Rosenberg