- Conflict Resolution
- Emotional Intelligence
- Practice Management
- Risk Management
- Team Building
Kimberly Culp, RDA
The phrase “Work-Life Balance” is a common one; its useful shorthand when we talk about the normal, everyday tradeoffs and juggling it takes to keep the things afloat, at home and in the workplace.
But sometimes, a life issue emerges that is so enormous and disruptive, the scales tip. Everything falls out of balance. When a person is deeply affected by a huge disruption in his or her life, performance in the workplace can’t help but be affected as well. Common life stressors that can show up at the office include:
- Death of a loved one
- Separation, divorce, and relationship problems
- Severe medical challenges Financial problems and foreclosure
- Parenting and child behavior issues
- Physical and emotional abuse Abuse of drugs and alcohol (personal or in the family)
- Legal problems
Kimberly Y. Culp, RDA, the JOB Life Coach, has a unique approach to getting things back in balance. Just. Operate. Better. In this workshop, she lays out practical, actionable, supportive, meaningful ways to help people in crisis (and those around them) establish a new normal, improve the emotional atmosphere in the workplace, re-establish regular routines, get back to regular attendance and performance, minimize dangerous mistakes, and re-focus on productivity.
With a pragmatic focus on coping skills, conflict resolution, and effective communication strategies, this workshop is especially appropriate for the tight-knit teams that make business offices work.
- Identify signs of a colleague in crisis
- Learn where to find resources to help in the short-term, medium-term, and long-term
- Describe communication strategies that open the door to productive dialogue with someone in crisis
- Define the JOB-Life approach to operating better during and after emotional crisis
Suggested Format: Partial Day; Workshop, Lecture, Keynote
Suggested Attendees: Dental and Legal Teams
Kimberly Y. Culp, RDA, is Founder of KYR Staffing agency and CULPing With Life Consulting, where she is The “JOB” Life Coach and a motivational speaker empowering those in the workplace with coping skills. Kimberly earned her RDA from Long Beach State College and Dental Assisting School in 1990, then she moved to Atlanta, GA, working with a variety of cosmetic dentists and traveling across the country learning best practices in dentistry. Kimberly also soared professionally, moving from clinical work to management, and served on the first board for the Dental Hygiene program at Atlanta Technical College.
Drawing from 11 years’ experience in personnel and client crisis management for two large plaintive law firms in the Atlanta area, Kim’s presentations offer real world skills and solutions for coping, communication and conflict resolution. As a motivational speaker, life coach and philanthropist, her community involvement is broad; she loves serving senior citizens, homeless people, and battered women and children.
Kimberly is an active member of The Speaking Consulting Network, The Academy of Dental Practice Management Consultants, and The American Association of Dental Office Managers. She is a frequent presenter for the Georgia Dental Society and the North Georgia Dental Society. Her entertaining, fun, unique teambuilding workshops are full of hands-on, “real-life dental office experiences.”
For the past 20 years, KYR Staffing, Inc., has staffed, trained and coached dental offices in Georgia, creating a team of elite dental professionals who understand and love what they do. KYR offers temporary/ permanent staffing, team-building, conflict resolution, and team performance/evaluation as well as disciplinary corrections, staff transitions, risk management, fraud prevention/detection, front office/ clinical training and staff image training.
—William E. Stiles, Jr., Esq.
“Kimberly provides structure and accountability for the team. She identifies and rectifies the processes that are ineffective and makes suggestion on how to replace them. In a short period of time, we were able to run our day to day processes efficiently. Kim is an amazing asset to the practice. Her first hand knowledge of clinical and clerical skills is indispensable. I would not hesitate to recommend her as a speaker, administrator, or mentor.”
—Wayne R. Miller, DMD
“Kimberly was a Godsend to my life and my practice. She brought organization and order to our team, and office production and collections increased. More importantly, I began to have peace of mind. Kimberly possesses confidence, professionalism, style and competence with the services she provides. She has a giving spirit. With her character, competence, and experience, I know of no one more qualified to teach practice management principles.”
—Alfred D. Wyatt, Jr., DMD
Why choose Kimberly?
- For the past 20 years, Kim has staffed, trained and coached dental offices in Georgia, creating a team of elite dental professionals who understand and love what they do.
- Drawing from 11 years’ experience in personnel and client crisis management for two large plaintive law firms, Kim’s presentations offer real world skills and solutions for coping, communication and conflict resolution.
- With 20 years coaching experience and as an ordained minister, Kim’s programs offer practical, actionable, and meaningful ways to help people in crisis.
- Her entertaining, fun, unique teambuilding workshops are full of hands-on, “real-life dental office experiences.”