- Conflict Resolution
- Emotional Intelligence
- Practice Management
- Risk Management
- Team Building
Kimberly Culp, RDA
The phrase “Work-Life Balance” is a common one; its useful shorthand when we talk about the normal, everyday tradeoffs and juggling it takes to keep the things afloat, at home and in the workplace.
But sometimes, a life issue emerges that is so enormous and disruptive, the scales tip. Everything falls out of balance. When a person is deeply affected by a huge disruption in his or her life, performance in the workplace can’t help but be affected as well. Common life stressors that can show up at the office include:
- Death of a loved one
- Separation, divorce, and relationship problems
- Severe medical challenges Financial problems and foreclosure
- Parenting and child behavior issues
- Physical and emotional abuse Abuse of drugs and alcohol (personal or in the family)
- Legal problems
Kimberly Y. Culp, RDA, the JOB Life Coach, has a unique approach to getting things back in balance. Just. Operate. Better. In this workshop, she lays out practical, actionable, supportive, meaningful ways to help people in crisis (and those around them) establish a new normal, improve the emotional atmosphere in the workplace, re-establish regular routines, get back to regular attendance and performance, minimize dangerous mistakes, and re-focus on productivity.
With a pragmatic focus on coping skills, conflict resolution, and effective communication strategies, this workshop is especially appropriate for the tight-knit teams that make business offices work.
- Identify signs of a colleague in crisis
- Learn where to find resources to help in the short-term, medium-term, and long-term
- Describe communication strategies that open the door to productive dialogue with someone in crisis
- Define the JOB-Life approach to operating better during and after emotional crisis
Suggested Format: Partial Day; Workshop, Lecture, Keynote
Suggested Attendees: Dental and Legal Teams
Why choose Kimberly?
- For the past 20 years, Kim has staffed, trained and coached dental offices in Georgia, creating a team of elite dental professionals who understand and love what they do.
- Drawing from 11 years’ experience in personnel and client crisis management for two large plaintive law firms, Kim’s presentations offer real world skills and solutions for coping, communication and conflict resolution.
- With 20 years coaching experience and as an ordained minister, Kim’s programs offer practical, actionable, and meaningful ways to help people in crisis.
- Her entertaining, fun, unique teambuilding workshops are full of hands-on, “real-life dental office experiences.”