- Clinical Practice
- Dental Hygiene
- Oral Cancer
- Oral Systemic Connection
Kathryn Gilliam, BA, RDH
Kathryn Gilliam’s interest in the medical side of dentistry led her to years of advanced study into the oral-systemic link, including twice graduating from the prestigious Bale Doneen Preceptorship. Her company, PerioLinks, LLC, was born out of her desire to train dental teams to transform their practices to care for the total health of their patients through comprehensive periodontal treatment.
Why choose Kathryn?
- A pioneer and advocate for incorporating the latest scientific research on the oral – systemic link into clinical practice, Kathryn teaches that dental disease IS systemic disease.
- Kathryn creates a learning environment infused with energy and passion to ignite excitement in her attendees and create real change in their clinical practice. Kathryn’s attendees leave with a renewed sense of purpose and an elevated identity as health care providers.
- A seasoned trainer and educator, Kathryn utilizes adult learning methods, audience interaction, and hands on experiences to connect attendees to the material and to facilitate retention of key concepts.
- Kathryn’s presentations highlight proven strategies and systems for creating effective patient communication resulting in increased treatment acceptance.
- As a clinician, clinical coach, and business owner, Kathryn is familiar with the challenges of creating and maintaining a successful dental practice. Her attendees and clients benefit from her long career in dentistry.
- Kathryn easily relates to her audiences as an experienced clinician who understands their day-to-day challenges.
- Kathryn has been on the front lines of early detection of oral cancer throughout her career. Kathryn teaches an elegant and thorough head and neck cancer exam that both relaxes patients and raises their awareness of the importance of regular cancer screening. She serves as the Director of Education for Oral Cancer Cause and is an active volunteer for The Oral Cancer Foundation.
- A highly respected speaker and recognized author of multiple articles and continuing education courses published in leading scientific and professional journals.
Articles by Kathryn