- Health and Wellness
- Inspiration / Motivation
- Practice Management
David Meinz, MS, RDN, FAND, CSP
America’s Personal Health Improvement Expert, Dr. David Meinz, speaks nationally to dental groups and associations and is a contributing editor for the Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry. David’s formal education includes a Master’s Degree (MS) in Human Nutrition from the University of Missouri, and status as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Fellow in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (FAND). He is also a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) in the National Speaker’s Association and the author of the audio learning series Healthy Dentistry. And he’s kind of funny, too.
Making the Dental Connection:
WEIGHT CONTROL AND FITNESS HELPS REDUCE GUM DISEASE: A recent study published in the Journal of Periodontology found that those individuals with the lowest Body Mass Index, a measure of body fat, and the highest levels of fitness, had the lowest rates of severe periodontitis.
FISH FOR YOUR SMILE: A recent study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics found that those who consumed a higher amount of the omega-3 called DHA were less likely to have periodontal disease.
ORAL HEALTH AND HEART DISEASE: Numerous studies suggest that periodontal disease can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease by increasing whole-body inflammation. In addition to improved dental hygiene, dietary and lifestyle changes can also help decrease inflammation levels.
Choose from three different, full day, CE approved programs.
Why choose Dr. Meinz?
- Dr. Meinz is an award-winning international speaker, author, and frequent radio and television guest, he presents his inspirational and content-rich keynotes to groups worldwide.
- He is both a registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Fellow in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (FAND).
- He is a contributing editor to the Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry.
- He has earned the Dertified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation in the National Speaker’s Association.
- He is the author of the audio learning series ‘Healthy Dentistry’.
Author of “Healthy Dentistry”, the real-world information that will help you improve your dental practice, your team, and your life.