- Health and Wellness
- Oral Systemic Connection
- Integrative Dental Medicine
- Inspiration / Motivation
David Meinz, MS, RDN, FAND, CSP
Health promotion expert David Meinz speaks nationally to dental groups and associations and has been published in both the Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry and Dentistry Today. David’s formal education includes a Master’s Degree (MS) in Human Nutrition from the University of Missouri, and status as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Fellow in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (FAND). He is also a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) in the National Speaker’s Association and the author of Wealthy, Healthy and Wise: How Dental Professionals Can Make Sure Their Health Lasts As Long As Their Money Does. And he’s kind of funny, too.
Making the Dental Connection:
WEIGHT CONTROL AND FITNESS HELPS REDUCE GUM DISEASE: A recent study published in the Journal of Periodontology found that those individuals with the lowest Body Mass Index, a measure of body fat, and the highest levels of fitness, had the lowest rates of severe periodontitis.
FISH FOR YOUR SMILE: A recent study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics found that those who consumed a higher amount of the omega-3 called DHA were less likely to have periodontal disease.
ORAL HEALTH AND HEART DISEASE: Numerous studies suggest that periodontal disease can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease by increasing whole-body inflammation. In addition to improved dental hygiene, dietary and lifestyle changes can also help decrease inflammation levels.
Choose from two different, full day, CE approved programs.
Why choose Dr. Meinz?
- Dr. Meinz is an award-winning international speaker, author, and frequent radio and television guest, he presents his inspirational and content-rich keynotes to groups worldwide.
- He is both a registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and Fellow in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (FAND).
- He has been published in both the Journal of The Academy of General Dentistry and in Dentistry Today.
- He has earned the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation in the National Speaker’s Association.
- He is the author of “Wealthy, Healthy & Wise: How Dental Professionals Can Make Sure Their Health Lasts As Long As Their Money Does.”
Articles by David