Cain Watters & Associates
6900 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 500
Plano, TX 75024
- Business / Financial
- New Dentists
- Practice Management
- Practice Transition
- Retirement Planning
Dentists often feel stuck in the middle of their advisors, left to quarterback all of the important decisions.
This lack of communication places the responsibility on the dentist alone to understand how to “make it happen.”
Our interactive workshops and inspiring presentations guide dentists and dental practices in the smart, effective management of their personal and business financial matters, helping bring the two into alignment in order to reach their financial goals.
Learn the factors, attitudes and disciplines that produce the financial outcomes that doctors desire through our most popular courses.
Are you “stuck in the middle” of your advisors and forced to become the authority in financial decisions? Not sure you have the knowledge to make the “right” financial decisions for the practice or personally?
From dental school graduation through preparing your estate for your heirs, this presentation provides strategies for maximizing practice and personal financial decisions because they are absolutely connected and they impact each other.
In this content-rich, interactive course, learn proven formulas behind building wealth, tax strategies to improve cash flow, plus the short- and long-term benefits of various investment environments. Also covered: pension and retirement planning. Learn about current pension laws and advantageous tax strategies to support pension planning, plus where to find the money to fund retirement plans. The course also covers best practices for purchasing or transitioning ownership of a practice, how to work with partners or associates, and how to improve the efficiency of your practice. Using our “real life” case studies, this course helps you determine how your practice compares to similar practices, and evaluate how you’re tracking on the path to financial freedom.
- Determine how to minimize social security taxes, state, and federal taxes
- Learn how practice ownership better positions you to accumulate and retain wealth
- Discover the advantages of saving in a tax-deferred environment
- Illuminate the impact setting realistic goals for your business has on your personal financial goals
- Identify the right way and the right time to acquire another office
- Discover the rewards of bringing an associate or partner into the practice when the time is right
- Learn the importance of having a vision when following a personal and business financial plan
Suggested Audience: Doctors and Spouses
Suggested Format: Full or Partial Day; Lecture, Keynote
Is your dental practice and your personal financial plan ready to bring in an associate/partner? Do you know what you are going to buy/sell? Do you know the questions you should be asking your potential new partner?
Entering a partnership or transitioning dental practice ownership can be a wonderful financial opportunity for both parties. It can also create positive change in the office with growth and mentorship opportunities. Developing a seamless partnership structure, however, requires great planning on the established doctor’s part as they lead the way, making a vast majority of the critical decisions and changes necessary to be successful. Unfortunately, we’ve also seen how failure to follow a well-established plan has the opposite effect, leading to failed partnerships. Discover how fair and equitable partnerships are formed in order to foster long-term success.
Course participants will receive a thorough outline of considerations to analyze when contemplating partnerships. Finding a buyer for the practice and getting a fair value are simply two parts of a larger equation. Learn how to position yourself financially to sell a portion or all of the practice and gain a keen understanding of how it all impacts your financial future. Learn what portion of the practice to transition based on both doctors’ average collections. We will also explore the emotional side of the buying and selling process from the perspectives of doctors on both sides.
Learn the answers to these questions and much more!
Will a bank finance this transaction?
What corporate structure should we set up to make the deal work?
How do I minimize the tax liability during the sale of my practice?
When do we expand and how will it change the valuation of the practice?
What if the staff doesn’t like the new doctor?
- Learn the step-by-step process that produces successful, equitable partnerships
- Determine if it makes financial sense to buy in as an associate
- Discover how much income you will have to give up when you bring in a partner
- Pinpoint when to acquire a valuation of the business and what to expect
- Learn how to split the money when procedures and collections amounts differ among providers
Suggested Audience: Doctors and Spouses
Suggested Format: Full or Partial Day; Lecture, Keynote
The owner dentist, however, will make significantly more money while also building equity in the business. By comparison, millions will be left on the table over a 30-year period of working in corporate dentistry.
Dentistry is changing rapidly! This high-energy lecture will leave all audience members fired up and crystal clear on why ownership is the way to go.
We will discuss why this becomes an emotional rather than a business decision for so many, and how massive school debt often obscures the big picture. The course provides a realistic view of ownership versus being an employee. We will weigh the risks, consider debt, and evaluate options associated with opening a practice, entering a partnership, buying an existing practice, or working as a partner in a corporate dentistry environment. This lecture illuminates the path which a new dentist should take which leads to long-term personal and financial success.
- Understand how much an owner profits from having an associate
- Gain realistic expectations for ownership through case studies
- Learn how associates are leaving millions on the table when not owning a practice
- Know the key elements before purchasing a practice: location, type of practice, type of transition, price, age of equipment, etc.
- Hear a proven plan to efficiently create opportunities for you to find the right practice for you
Suggested Audience: New Dentists, Dental Students, Associate Dentists
Suggested Format: Half Day; Lecture, Keynote
Dentists often feel stuck in the middle of their advisors, left to quarterback all of the important decisions. And the consequences of any gaps in their knowledge or understanding about any of it, impact the dentist and the practice.
Darrell Cain brings all aspects of the dentist’s financial life into account, including the dental practice and the financial opportunities that exist within it. Good counsel for a doctor’s personal and business finances dramatically increases practice success, from cash flow and lifestyle to the accumulation of wealth over time. The result is less stress and overall financial wellness.
Darrell is the founding partner of Cain Watters & Associates, a Dallas-area CPA/RIA firm providing tax and accounting services, ongoing financial monitoring, investments solutions, practice valuations and transition services, and estate planning. Mr. Cain received his BBA and MPA from Baylor University in Waco, Texas. He is a member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants and an Investment Advisor Representative.
For more than 30 years, he has spoken to dental organizations, study clubs, associations, and investment symposiums across the country, as a recognized leader in the field. Mr. Cain’s deep understanding of the critical issues that dentists face has made him a sought after voice providing audiences with the answers and tools they need to move toward practice and personal financial success.
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Practice Administration
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Arkansas Dental Association
- BENCO National Sales Meeting
- California Dental Association
- Central Louisiana Dental Society
- Chicago Academy of Interdisciplinary Facial Study Club
- Eastern WA Study Club
- Elite Dental Study Club
- Florida Dental Association
- Great Blue Heron Seminars
- Great River Study Club
- Kansas Dental Association
- Keeley Dental Society
- Middle Tennessee Society for Advanced Dentistry
- Mid-south Dental Conference
- North Coast Dental Institute
- North Iowa Dental Seminars
- Oklahoma Ortho Society Annual Meeting
- Rocky Mountain Society of Orthodontics
- Sailfish Study Club
- Seattle Study Club National Symposium
- Sierra Society for Dental Excellence
- Somerset Study Club
- Southwest Society of Periodontists
- Southwest Ohio Study Club
- Tennessee Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting
- Utah Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Meeting
- Wheaton Dental Study Club
- Yankee Dental Congress
Why choose Darrell?
- Darrell Cain brings all aspects of the dentist’s financial life into account, including the dental practice and the financial opportunities that exist within it.
- For more than 30 years, Darrell has spoken to dental organizations, study clubs, associations, and investment symposiums across the country, as a recognized leader in the field.
- Mr. Cain’s deep understanding of the critical issues that dentists face has made him a sought after voice providing audiences with the answers and tools they need to move toward practice and personal financial success.
- Darrell is the founding partner of Cain Watters & Associates, a Dallas-area CPA/RIA.
- He is a member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants and an Investment Advisor Representative.