- Case Acceptance
- Implant Dentistry
- Practice Management
- Virtual Presentations
Chris Phelps, DMD, CMCT
- Get more quality new patients in the door
- Acquire more referrals
- Motivate patients to pay their bills today
- Decrease costly no-shows
- Get patients to say yes to treatment recommendations
Entrepreneur, author and practicing general dentist, Christopher Phelps, DMD, CMCT works with professionals across the country in identifying their marketing hurdles and showing them how to succeed and grow in an otherwise tough, competitive economy.
The only dentist in the world to be named a Cialdini Method Certified Trainer (CMCT), Chris teaches participants to use Cialdini’s Principles of Influence to ethically steer patients to more referrals, decreased no shows and higher case acceptance.
Learn unique, inexpensive methods for doubling your new patient numbers by reaching potential patients on a larger scale. Stop losing opportunities and start converting more new patient phone calls. Explore how to tap into an overlooked segment of the population who are eager for your services, want to have healthy mouths and are willing to pay for it. Discover ethical influence and persuasion techniques which decrease no shows and increase case acceptance for any procedure in dentistry.
Do you need more new patients?
Did you know the average dental office is not answering 32-55% of their new patient opportunity calls from advertising sources? You’re paying for the phone to ring, but you’re not answering. This also means you could tap into this lost opportunity tomorrow if you could identify how it’s happening to you. If you are concerned about these missed new patient opportunities, want to know how to best handle new patient phone calls, are looking for the data to make educated, informed decisions on what marketing does/doesn’t work in your market, want to learn how to attract a better quality new patient, and if you desire explosive revenue growth, this course is for you.
This interactive, fast-paced program is tailored for dentists and their teams wanting to attract more new patients and increase case acceptance without wasteful marketing expenditures. Learn how grass roots marketing and a dental savings plan can help you tap into an unlimited supply of fee-for-service new patients and increase practice revenue exponentially. Explore the principles of influence and persuasion and learn how to tailor your presentation style to meet the needs of each patient. Learn how to utilize external, internal, and grass roots marketing to survive the corporate tsunami that is engulfing the dental landscape today.
This workshop is based on data, research and science. The methods have been tested and proven, and most importantly, it’s reproducible and can be learned by anyone!
- Recognize that marketing can be a science, not a mystery
- Establish how to create customized messages that differentiate you from your colleagues
- Select the appropriate medium for reaching the masses
- Explore strategies and language for increasing your teamís conversions of new patient calls
- Discuss patient offers that motivate more people to call
- Learn a referral system using Dr. Robert Cialdiniís Principles of Influence
- Utilize the psychological differences between men and women to tailor your presentation style
- Discover ethical influence and persuasion techniques which decrease no shows and increase case acceptance for any procedure in dentistry
Suggested Format: Full or Partial Day; Lecture, Workshop, Keynote
Suggested Audience: Dentist and Team Members
Set the stage to decrease no shows and increase referrals and case acceptance.
Want to set the stage for patients to say YES?
The success of any business is measured by the team’s ability to accomplish goals. Those goals are met by ethically persuading and inspiring others to share a vision and pursue a common purpose. We live in a world where those who are the most persuasive are the most prosperous. How successful we are in our professional and personal life depends on our ability to influence others.
After decades of rigorously conducted scientific, peer-reviewed, published research, it is accepted that influence can be taught and learned. Christopher Phelps, DMD, the ONLY dentist in the world who is a Certified Trainer in the Cialdini Method of Influence, is pleased to share this interactive, fast-paced course tailored for dentists and their teams; addressing their distinct issues and challenges with patients, potential patients, staff, and even the competition. This unique course combines the science of influence with its profitable and ethical applications.
Based on data, research and science, these methods are reproducible and can be learned by anyone! Come hear how Dr. Phelps used these principles in his practices and learn the specific steps that can help you achieve the same results.
- Recognize the science of influence vs. guesswork in predicting the actions of others
- Identify the principles used to build relationships with new patients
- Explore techniques to motivate a patient to take action
- Establish how to add more influence to your marketing program
- Learn how to reduce costly “no shows” crippling your schedule
- Understand the effective and ethical use of these principles in your practice
- Increase your case acceptance by using “Moments of Power”
- Learn how the Reciprocity principle can increase referrals
- Determine how to get more patients to pay today or by their first invoice
- Establish how to increase you and your team’s case acceptance for any procedure in dentistry
- Discover how to turn your hygienist from a technician to an authority in the patient’s eyes
Suggested Audience: Dentist and Team
Suggested Format: Full or Partial Day; Lecture, Workshop, Keynote
Christopher Phelps, DMD, CMCT works with professionals across the country in identifying their marketing hurdles and showing them how to succeed and grow in an otherwise tough, competitive economy.
An entrepreneur and author, Chris is also a general dentist practicing in Charlotte, North Carolina. In his first seven years of practice, Chris grew his practice revenue by a factor of 10X: growing from one practice location to four. After selling two of those offices for profit, Chris focused on maximizing the capacity of his remaining two practices and enjoyed two consecutive years of $1,000,000 revenue growth in each of the two practices, effectively collecting with two offices what he had collected when he owned four.
The Call Tracker ROI program he developed played a major role: decreasing missed calls by 90% and increasing team conversions of new patient appointments over the telephone from 24% to over 86%, which helped increase his new patient numbers from 60 a month to averaging over 300 a month; all the while decreasing his marketing expenses by 74%.
In 2016 he launched Golden Goose Scheduling to help practices answer and schedule more new patient calls so they didn’t have to pay more in marketing money to get them.
Chris writes frequently for industry publications such as Dental Economics, Dental Practice Management, Dental Products Report, Dentistry IQ, and Remin Media. He is the author of How to Grow Your Dental Membership Plan and also published a CE article in Contemporary Esthetics Magazine.
Chris was awarded the Doctor’s Choice National Dental Award in 2016 (from 6,000 nominated dentists). Additionally, he was chosen for the 2016 Doctor’s Choice Top 100, due to a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
In addition to being a Kolbe Certified Trainer, a key opinion leader to several large dental companies, and understanding how to get new patients in the door, Dr. Phelps is also an expert in the Science of Influence and Ethical Persuasion. He has studied under the authority in this field, Dr. Robert Cialdini, and is the only dentist in the world to be named a Cialdini Method Certified Trainer (CMCT). Chris uses Cialdini’s Principles to ethically steer patients to more referrals, decreased no shows and higher case acceptance.
- American Academy of Dental Practice Administration (AADPA)
- Breakaway Practice
- Implant Direct National Sales Meeting
- Implant Direct Clients/Practice Management 101
- Implants and Gumcareís Dentists Study Club
- Implant Direct Loyalists
- Linda Lakin Consultants
- LLI Advisory Group
- The Maimonides Dental Society
- Metamorphosis Dental Study Club; London, England
- Practice on Fire (multiple)
- Sydney Dental Study Club; Sydney, Australia
- Syracuse Dental Study Club
-Linda Miles, Virginia
“In this era of CE courses in dentistry being sold to dentists solely for income of the presenter and the dentist going home with no useful data, it was humbling to come across Dr. Phelps playing it right with a large heart.”
-Dr. Maulik N., Texas
“Dr. Phelps is a very engaging speaker which makes the experience very enjoyable.”
-Linda H., New England
“Three weeks ago my staff and I finished the Principles of Persuasion workshop. Since then, no one has left our office without scheduling an appointment. Case acceptance is notably increased thanks to the price stairs technique. A/R is dramatically higher the past 2 weeks. The course has paid for itself already. Well done, Chris.”
-Dr. Peter B.; Walpole
“You know how hard it is for a group of dentists to agree on ANYTHING? Well, we had 75 survey responses from the event and every single one gave Chris Phelps the highest possible rating 4 out of 4. So I guess that means the ONLY thing dentists can agree on is that Phelps is AWESOME!”
– Dr. Michael Ling, Dentist and Co-Organizer of Practice on Fire speaking event
“Prior to the meeting my staff was apprehensive about it but when they returned, they were very impressed and excited about implementing the principles. Thank you!!!”
-Dr. John U., Georgia
“I changed my treatment presentation style today by creating 3 price point starter packages for a new customer. I asked a lot about his needs before presenting. Overall, I believe it yielded a higher sale because of the anchoring technique. Thank you!”
-Gena B., Implant Direct
“Thanks Dr. Phelps! This weekend was great. I feel like my energy for the practice had been revived. This is awesome stuff.”
-Dr. Mamta K., Ohio
“Dr. Phelps’ willingness to share his vast wealth of knowledge and expertise sets him apart as one of the finest dental practitioners I’ve ever met or worked with. He has taught me much about dental implants, practice management, dental technology and materials. I continue to recommend Dr. Phelps to new dentists who could learn from him and to any of my patients who are moving to the Charlotte area.”
-Jonathan Lowry, DDS
Why choose Dr. Phelps?
- In his first seven years of practice, Chris grew his practice revenue by a factor of 10X: growing from one practice location to four.
- After selling two of those offices for profit, Chris enjoyed two consecutive years of $1M revenue growth in each of the two remaining practices.
- Creator of the Call Tracker ROI program
- A featured author and contributor for mutiple industry publications, Chris also published a CE article in Contemporary Esthetics Magazine.
- He is the author of Grow Your Practice with Wine & Cheese.
- A Kolbe Certified Trainer
- Dr. Phelps is proud to be the only dentist who is a Cialdini Method Certified Trainer (CMCT).
Two straight years of 43% growth generated over $1,455,000 in revenue in Dr. Phelps’ practice. Learn where to find your ideal new patients and how to help them overcome the hurdles that keep them from appointing. Dr. Phelps’ shares his unique solution and how to apply it to your practice.
- How to break free from the 3 major tensions facing private practice
- How to increase new ideal patient flow
- How to market to the virtually untouched Fee for Service market
- How to find the freedom and financial stability you never thought possible
Learn how a Dental Membership Plan can grow your practice!
Articles by Dr. Phelps