- Emotional Intelligence
- Inspiration/ Motivation
- Practice Management
- Stress Management
- Team Building
Bruce Christopher, CSP
Whatever your organization does; it does it with people – and that’s where Psychologist and Humorist Bruce Christopher can help. By drawing upon his twenty years of speaking, training, and consulting, he will make your group “Laugh ‘til they cry. . .and Learn ‘til they change.”
Bruce’s content includes the latest strategies and technologies for personal and professional excellence. You will see it in your meeting when audience members have many “ah-ha!” moments and write down great ideas for change. Bruce goes beyond fluff and hype to give your group practical skill sets which they can immediately apply in their personal and professional life.
How to Communicate Effectively with the Opposite Sex at Work and at Home
At the heart of any practice is relationships; between team members, patients, and doctors. Interpersonal effectiveness has been demonstrated to be a key factor in professional, personal, and practice success. Individuals who are excellent communicators have better relationships at home and at work; and their practices achieve higher amounts of success.
It is no doubt that communication runs your practice! “Why Are Women So Strange & Men So Weird?” takes a very humorous look at how men and women think, speak, and make decisions differently. This program will increase your “Practice Savvy” and make you more effective when communicating, motivating, managing, or presenting to the opposite sex.
Studies have estimated that the average staff member can waste up to 38% of their day dealing with communication mis-fires, unresolved conflicts, or hidden resentments in the office. Other reports have indicated that 70% of what you say is mis-understood by the opposite sex. This is not a productive use of time!
You can revitalize performance and enhance morale by putting into practice the strategies outlined in this seminar. You will learn what makes the opposite sex tick and what you can do about it. Certainly, dentistry is a co-ed effort; and you may not be as successful as you could be without understanding how to really communicate and connect with that opposite sex person on your team or in your chair. Least of all, by participating in this seminar, you will Laugh ’til you cry. . .and Learn ’til you change!
- Explore how men and women think, speak, and decide differently.
- Apply strategies for increasing your communication effectiveness and success.
- Learn Ten Tips for getting better results when presenting to the opposite sex.
- Maximize the inherent strengths of both men and women to empower the practice
- Defuse potential conflict situations by understanding the underlying gender-specific differences which “fuel the fire of fights.”
- Learn practical speaking tools for male and female colleagues to motivate and maximize their talents and skills.
- Discover the Three R’s for rapid deployment of a re-energized office.
- Increase your ability to manage, motivate, and work with people of the opposite sex.
Suggested Audience: General
Humor and Peak Performance in the Dental Practice
As practices attempt to achieve their goals, no barriers are more formidable than attitude, self-esteem and team enthusiasm.
Therefore, the first aspect of learning effective patient service skills is to develop a staff of highly energized people with a high self-esteem quotient. Self-esteem is the single most important factor influencing our ability to achieve personal & professional success. Studies show that people with a positive attitude get sick less often, have better relationships, and are more successful in their careers. Attitude is contagious and helps create an energized work environment. It is also a powerful skill to have in dealing with difficult patients and/or staff personnel.
This highly interactive session will literally have the audience coming out of their seats by learning how to leap from their procrastinations and crash through their comfort zones. Your practice will learn how to make fears disappear, visualize their goals, work together, move forward, and have fun doing it!
It has been said that there are three kinds of people in the world; those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that say, What Happened?
If you are looking to fire up your team by building individual and group motivation, then this session is for you…
- Manage your mood even in difficult times
- Work with negative people who pull you down
- Increase your performance and productivity
- Learn the origins of negative behavior
- Discover how not to react to reactive people
- Create an energized culture and climate in the office
- Increase your customer service effectiveness
- Understand causes of low self-esteem
- Understand the vital link between self-esteem and performance
- Exceed the expectations of people seeking your services
- Increase the self-esteem and performance levels of team members
- Decrease intra-staff conflict
- Expand the confidence of your staff for increased responsibility, investment and leadership
- Increase skill level in dealing with difficult personality types
- Positively influence the behavior of others
- Create a highly energized environment which fosters fun while promoting performance
- Decrease negative responses to stressful situations
- Increase patient satisfaction
Suggested Audience: General
Dealing with Difficult People: Keys to Empowered Communication
Unfortunately, every practice has its share of difficult people to deal with. Some may be patients, some may be co-workers — but in either case, dealing with them in a way that leads to success is a critical skill.
“Bambi vs. Godzilla” helps participants understand negative behavior, and to increase their skill level in dealing with difficult personality types.
The objective of this program is to increase the awareness of why difficult personality types act the way they do, and how to successfully implement strategies and techniques to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Understand why people behave the way they do.
- Learn the origins of negative behavior.
- Discover how to not react to reactive people.
- Understand how to increase your behavioral repertoire.
- Develop strategies for empowering your communication style and moving negative behavior toward positive results.
- Create an energized culture and climate in your office.
- Increase your patient service effectiveness.
- Use power-driven communication to positively influence others.
Suggested Audience: General
Researchers used to look at the concept of intelligence strictly through the lens of academic performance and I.Q. Now we know that real intelligence goes way beyond how well we performed on tests in school. It has to do with how well we handle people, how we deal with set-backs and failures, how well we achieve our life goals, how we motivate ourselves, …and most of all… how well we manage our emotions.
In this seminar, the people in your practice will discover a blueprint for achieving success in their relationships, in their health, in their careers, and in your office. They will learn about a new dimension for success called: “Emotional Intelligence“ or EQ. Your people will explore their own EQ and discover how well they can handle themselves, work with others, and manage their emotions. They will even have the opportunity to take an E.Q. test and find out their own EQ score.
- Discover the role of emotions in their personal and professional lives
- Learn how to transform their emotions into allies to help them achieve goals
- Explore the Five Factors of “Street Smarts for Success”
- Apply the skills everyone should know for getting along with self and others
- Learn how to identify and achieve what they want personally and professionally
- Discover how to deal with setbacks
- Learn how to turn failures into stepping stones for success
- Learn how to “read” people more effectively and get better results
- Learn how to manage impulses which threaten the achievement of goals
- Know when to feel good and when to reward themselves for goals achieved
- Apply the Psychology of Success which the “Super-Stars” really know
- Realize what their own Emotional Quotient is and how they can raise it higher
- Activate strategies for dealing with the “Fearsome Foursome” Roadblocks to success
- Get a grip on Anger
- Reel in Anxiety
- Galvanize themselves against Guilt
- Make friends with Depression
- Uncover the thoughts which hinder them from being more effective
- Learn how to diffuse someone who is explosive
- Motivate someone with a bad attitude
- Learn how to deal with Corporate Complainers
- Develop Self-leadership skills
- Learn how to communicate feelings effectively in the workplace
- Find out how to be more positive in negative circumstances
Suggested Audience: General
Bruce has spoken at the prestigious Million Dollar Round Table Conference, London’s Royal College of Surgeons, and the Mayo Clinic. He is a practicing supervising Clinical Psychologist holding degrees in Professional Psychology and Interpersonal Communications. He speaks over 150 times each year and is one of today’s most sought after speakers in the Fortune 500 and numerous prestigious medical and dental conferences.
His clients include: American Airlines, American Express, Best Buy, Blue Cross-Blue Shield, Boeing, General Electric, IBM, The IRS, The Mayo Clinic, Oracle, 3M, Nortel, Pizza Hut, Quaker Oats, Radisson Hotels, State Farm, Texas Instruments, U.S. Navy, U.S. Postal, Wells Fargo and many others.
When you are faced with morale problems, communication conflicts, customer service issues, managing change, or need for teamwork… this Psychologist is in!
American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
American Association of Orthodontics
American Dental Association
American Academy of Implant Dentistry
The Madow Brothers
Arizona Dental Association
California Association of Orthodontics
Carolinas Dental Center
Colorado Dental Association
Florida National Dental Convention
Georgia Academy of Dental Practice
Indiana Dental Association
Iowa Dental Association
Michigan Dental Association
Ohio Dental Association
South Carolina Academy of Advanced Implant Studies
Texas Advanced Dental Seminars
Texas Dental State Meeting
Tx Advanced Dental Practices
Utah Dental Association
VA Dental Association
Washington State Dental Association
Wisconsin Dental Association
Dallas County Dental Society
Discus Dental Convention
El Paso, Texas Dental Meeting
Greater St. Louis Dental Society
Hoosiers for Dental Excellence
Long Island Perio Professionals
Metropolitan Denver Dental Society
Midwest Association of Orthodontics
Midwest District Dental Society
New Orleans Dental Association
Northwestern District Dental Society
Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontics
Pacific Dental Conference
Pacific Northwest Dental Conference
Periodontal Solutions of South Florida
Saratoga Dental Congress, 4th District Dental Society
Southern Assn of Oral Surgery Associates
Southeast VA Advanced Seminars
Southern Association of Orthodontics
Southwest Dental Conference
Southwest Endodontic Study Club
Southwest Pediatric Dentists
Spokane & Maxillofacial Surgery
Star of the North Convention
Star of the South Dental Convention
TBSE Dental Convention
The Hinman Dental Meeting
Valley Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Wichita Dental Society
Yankee Doodle Dental Association
Alpha & Omega Study Club
Great Blue Heron Seminars
Impact Austin Study Club
ODISC Oral Design & Implant Study Club
Palo Alto Study Club
Red River Valley Study Club
Seattle Study Club of Tampa
Southern Colorado Study Club
The Hinman Dental Meeting
The Seattle Study Club
Triple-Win Study Club
College of Diplomats of the AAO
UMKC School Dentistry
University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry
British Columbia Dental Society
Calgary Dental Conferenve
IACA, International Assc. Of Compreshensive Aesthetics
International Endodontic Association
Montreal Dental Congress
Ontario Dental Association
The Royal Academy of Surgeons
Southern Wake Dental Institute
Gorman Institute …..and over a hundred others
The Pankey Institute
The Mayo Clinic
Penn Well Corporation
Why choose Bruce?
- Bruce has earned the National Speakers Association’s Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation. The CSP designation is the speaking profession’s highest earned international measure of professional platform competence.
- One of dentistry’s most popular speakers.
- As a clinical psychologist, Bruce brings cutting edge content and practical application to your meeting.
- As a closet comedian, he will bring the fun and laughter.
- Bruce has spoken at the prestigious Million Dollar Round Table Conference, London’s Royal College of Surgeons, and the Mayo Clinic.
- He is a practicing supervising Clinical Psychologist holding degrees in Professional Psychology and Interpersonal Communications.
- He speaks over 150 times each year and is one of today’s most sought after speakers in the Fortune 500 and numerous prestigious medical and dental conferences.
Bruce’s track record speaks for itself!
- Packed again at the Hinman
- Texas Dental sold out again
- ADA full theater again
- Chicago Mid-Winter standing room only again
- California Dental no more room in the ballroom
- Star of the South no more tickets for the talk
- Star of the North the laughter is too loud for next door’s lecture