New Dentist Advisor
3800 N Pulaski
Chicago, IL 60641
- Business / Financial
- New Dentists
- Practice Management
Bill Simon, DMD
New dentists need to be not only skilled and competent clinicians but capable and efficient business owners. It is important for them to be familiarized as early as possible with the tools needed to run a dental practice.
There is no way that dental school can prepare dentists for all of the challenges that will come their way while practicing dentistry.
Described by some as “dramatic”, Dr. Bill Simon’s dental career has included its share of challenging situations. including multiple fee-for service and Medicaid practices, moves, build outs, space-sharing, practice acquisition, associates, recovery from a major office fire, embezzlement, robbery at gun point and more! Drawing from his 35 years of experience in practice ownership, this course is designed for the new dentist – and those with many years of experience – and offers an entertaining and informative look at the ever changing world of private practice dentistry.
Learn what to consider when buying or starting a new practice, what to look for in an associateship or an associate, practice ownership and management principles, office design and build out concepts, marketing tips, technology to consider, choosing a dental laboratory, referring to specialists, financial planning concerns, and risk management.
This course also illuminates some of the unforeseen challenges that dentists encounter along the way. Attendees will appreciate the pearls of wisdom shared and common mistakes avoided when they apply Dr. Simon’s lessons and position themselves for greater success in dentistry!
Learning Objectives — Mix & Match to customize a presentation for your next meeting!
- Historical Perspective on Dentistry – where dentistry has been/is going
- Associateship vs. Ownership – understand advantages / disadvantages
- What to look for when hiring an Associate
- Office Design – considerations/tips for creating optimum outcomes
- Financial Planning – estate, retirement and insurance planning concerns
- Practice Management – responding to challenges while advancing team/leadership
- The role of the Office Manager in practice success
- Marketing – internal/external strategies and activities
- New Technology – evaluating options/their impact on patient perceptions
- Choosing a Dental Laboratory – assessing lab choices to determine best fit
- Referring to Specialists – building strong referral relationships
- Risk Management – understand various issues/compliance guidelines
- Resources and tools to boost your success
- The benefits of Involvement in Organized Dentistry
- Building a strong, cohesive team and a feel-good culture
- Other Pearls of Wisdom …and much more!
Suggested Format: Full or Half Day, Lecture, Workshop, Keynote
Suggested Audience: Dentists, Dental Students, Practice Managers
What Dental Practice Administrators Need to Know
Customized for the oﬃce manager/administrator. This presentation helps practice managers Increase communication skills, boost efficiency, build a stronger partnership with owner/ doctor, and develop a team of self-directed leaders and offers answers to questions that dental oﬃce managers frequently ask.
What Dental Students Need to Know
Customized for the third and fourth year student. This presentation helps students understand their options as they embark on their career in dentistry and offers answers to questions that dental students frequently ask.
Why choose Bill?
- Dr. Simon grew to become the sole owner of two highly successful multi-doctor practices.
- Dr. Simon’s practice experience includes 6 build outs, 9 locations, 3 space-sharing arrangements, 1 practice acquisition and over 25 associates.
- He also experienced a lost lease, an embezzlement scheme, robbery at gun point, and a major fire. Four months after the fire, his practice experienced their best production month to date.
- Dr. Simon mentors both new dentists and undergraduates through various intern and externship program opportunities in his practice.
- Dr. Simon has been a practicing dentist and practice owner in Chicago for 30 years.