- Inspiration/ Motivation
- Practice Management
Dr. Barry Thompson
In a world where the smallest of margins can make an enormous difference, we welcome any way to improve our performance.
Have you ever noticed that two people with similar skills and knowledge can produce very different results? Some people just have that “X factor” and we want it, too.
Gain the keys to living a confident life through Dr. Barry Thompson’s presentations on the role of confidence in the workplace. The leading expert in the field of confidence-driven performance, Dr. Thompson’s lectures focus on what confidence is and what it isn’t, how to get it and how to lose it, and how anyone can improve their performance and gain that margin that will give them an edge. Learn success secrets to improve performance in all areas of life.
Are you dissatisfied with your status quo? Ready to be a top performer and maximize your team?
At work, home, or in our community, we have a deep sense that things could and should be better. Confidence is our secret sauce, and it’s often the difference between success and failure. After years of research and discovery, Dr. Barry Thompson—the leading expert in the field of confidence-driven performance—takes audiences into the little known yet vital world of CONFIDENCE. Discover what it is and isn’t, how to get it and how to lose it, but more importantly how YOU can improve your performance and gain that margin that gives you an edge.
These dynamic and interactive courses provide individuals and teams with the essential tools and strategies to perform better, communicate effectively, resolve issues, integrate fully, and become a powerful influence. Learn how to manage or work within a diverse population by understanding others’ motivation and cultural differences. Participate in the interactive case study review where confidence principles are reinforced. Leave empowered to take your performance to a new level.
- Discover your “Confidence Quotient” (CQ)
- Establish how to build a successful multi-generational practice
- Highlight the power of office etiquette
- Explore the importance of ethics in the practice
- Understand and practice methods of authentic, successful communication
- Learn strategies for improving performance in all areas of your life
- Realize what all confident people have in common
- Identify leadership styles and strengths and personalize a leadership development plan
- Discover the invaluable skill of negotiation
- Learn strategies to reduce conflict and build rapport
- Practice the skill of active listening and the art of asking good questions
Suggested Format: Full or Partial Day; Lecture, Workshop, Coaching, Consulting and Keynote
Suggested Attendees: Dental, Medical, Healthcare and Office Teams
From Alaska to Africa, Dr. Thompson has addressed thousands of ordinary people seeking to be more confident. With advanced degrees from Liberty, Oxford and Colorado, his humorous and folksy style make him a perfect fit for all audiences, for whom he lectures on leadership, ethics, communication, and multi- generations in the workplace. As the author of Confidence-Driven Living, a powerful storyteller and motivational speaker, Dr. Thompson has received numerous awards for his teaching and speaking.
Thompson has spoken at events for some of the world’s leading organizations, including IBM, Oracle, British Telcom, Vodacom, the British Parliament’s Committee on Learning, Harrah’s and numerous healthcare and other non-profit associations. He has been particularly successful while engaged with healthcare practices that seek to improve the delivery of their services. His style has been described as “fun but powerful,” “life- changing,” and “one-of-a-kind,” as he uses real-life examples to encourage individuals, leaders and organizations to optimize their performance to meet the challenges of the global marketplace.
- Rocky Mountain Dental Hygienist Study Club
- Wells & Abrames Family Dentistry
- Northern Colorado Orthodontic Services
- Spine Correction Center of the Rockies (multiple)
- European Training Conference 2016; Amsterdam
- Whiting Oil & Gas
- Country Financial Mountain States Executive Retreat
- Longmont Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Development Corporation Annual Leadership (SBDC)
- Oracle America (multiple)
- SAP America User Conference (multiple)
- IBM Global Support Services
- Integracore Leadership Conference
- Scentsy Leadership Conference
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
- Science Care Annual Conference
- Teletech Global Services Conference
- Women’s Leadership Network (AK)
—Bruce R. Partain; President/CEO, Longmont Area Chamber of Commerce
“Dr. Barry Thompson delivered an inspirational presentation which conveyed a new outlook on confidence in the work place and in personal lives. We had an overwhelmingly positive response and Dr. Thompson did an amazing job tailoring the message to our audience. We highly recommend him as a speaker in all areas of business and life.”
—Lauryn Milligan; Marketing Director, Rocky Mountain Dental Hygiene Study Club Board
“Attendees enjoyed this relevant seminar and the way Barry presented the materials. Those who were present said they thought the seminar would benefit others and would recommend it to peers. They wished that the seminar was longer as they feel there was so much good material that they wanted to hear more. I can confidently recommend this seminar as I found it to be interesting and well presented.”
—Marge Ybarra, CEBS; Benefits Administrator, Whiting Petroleum Corporation
“Barry offers an organization a unique perspective. He brings a wealth of personal experiences from around the globe, from the African bush to the interior of Alaska. When he speaks, his message is engaging, powerful, personal and targeted…like he is speaking to me. No one in the audience will be the same after hearing him speak.”
“Seldom have we had such positive feedback from the CEO to our latest new hire as we had from Dr. Barry Thompson’s session on Confidence. It was powerful, engaging and there was a take away for everyone. Dr. Thompson addresses the whole person and motivated our team to take our company to the next level.”
—IntegraCore; Chief Financial Officer
“Our organization was struggling with the current topic of diversity in our company but also in our customer base. Dr. Thompson and his team meticulously uncovered our issues and goals and proposed a training program that included quarterly sessions with our entire team. The seminars were outstanding and the response was very positive. Seldom have we had training of this caliber where the attendees demanded more. It exceeded our goals and we plan to work with Dr. Thompson on future training requirements.”
—VP Human Development, Colorado Bank
“Dr. Thompson presented to our leadership team and offered new insight and information on being a better leader. His message was not only engaging but was exactly what the team needed as we enter a new year. He speaks with conviction and a deep understanding of what it takes to be a leader in the IT world and was able to relate to the entire team. This was one of the most unique and captivating sessions we have for a long time!”
—Oracle Corporation; VP of Learning
“The leadership seminar conducted by Dr. Thompson was the best value for money we have ever had. My senior team are very busy financial consultants who have little time to spare so it was imperative that the seminar be focused, engaging, relevant and applicable to our work. We all loved it and wanted more!”
—Major Insurance Institution; Regional Director
Why choose Barry?
- Dr. Thompson has been recognized as: SAP Regional Executive of the Year, Oracle’s Education Vendor of the Year, Unica’s Global Business Development Executive of the Year, IBM’s Communicator of the Year (EMEA)
- He advises leaders how to effectively improve their own performance and that of their employees.
- Dr. Thompson has addressed thousands of ordinary people seeking to be more confident,and has received numerous awards for teaching and speaking.
- With advanced degrees from Liberty, Oxford and Colorado, his humorous and folksy style make him a perfect fit for all audiences.