Shelley Renee Consulting, LLC
PO Box 788
Valatie, NY 12184
- Practice Management
- Team Building
- Virtual Presentations
From Rough to Radiant: Design Your Practice to Shine!
The practice is the dentist’s most precious resource. Similarly, the gem cutter’s greatest asset is the uncut diamond, which when polished reveals exponentially increased value. It is the act of cutting and polishing – the human touch – that releases the internal fire and creates brilliance. Every practice is a gem that when shaped and polished reflects increased value.
Today’s practice owner faces challenges in unifying the dental team, elevating communications and increasing profitability. Shelley Renee’s presentations clarify the strategies and systems that maximize the team approach, where each team member thinks and communicates as a leader. Organizing teams, implementing systems, and achieving goals are part of the overall solutions she provides for creating peaceful, productive and profitable teams.
Want respect, results and joy back in your practice?
Each member of the dental team is a critical element in creating the atmosphere, or mood, of your office. Dental teams develop strong relationships and advance the practice by creating an atmosphere where everyone looks forward to coming in. This influences the way patients perceive the practice – and their decisions to accept treatment.
Re-ignite the passion and commitment of your team. Learn how to lead your team out of conflict. Find out why timing is everything. Create a culture of cooperation and collaboration by “untangling” the disputes and setting preventative guidelines in place. Learn techniques and strategies for more effective patient and team communications, inspiring others to action, and eliminating negative attitudes for good!
- Learn the 4-step process to untangle conflict with the S.O.R.T. method
- Acquire tactics to open eyes, open hearts, open thoughts
- Recognize how conflict serves a purpose
- Learn how no or slow action sabotages practice growth
- Define the foundational elements of successful HR
- Gain tips for more productive feedback and performance management
- Conduct an analysis of your own practice atmosphere
- Learn how to form a secret happiness committee
- Maximize the team approach, where each team member thinks and communicates as a leader
- Step on the gas and lead that team!
Suggested Audience: Dentists and Team
Suggested Format: Full or Partial Day; Workshop Format
Want to sleep better at night?
With so much coming in and going out, do you know the magic numbers that allow you to keep the lights on, make payroll and still set aside funds for taxes, pension and “take home” pay?
Many dental business owners feel anxiety about meeting their monthly financial commitments, yet they are unclear if they have met the mark until they speak with their accountant. Learn how to bring clarity to your business financials and turn your worry into joy. By learning the processes and which details to examine, you can get it straight and find comfort in your knowledge.
Attendees will learn the process of annual planning and how to forecast expenses for the upcoming year. Simplify your practice overhead figures and understand healthy ranges for each category. Make major practice decisions with confidence, knowing that your overhead is covered.
- Learn how to analyze your Profit and Loss Statement and categorize expenses
- Learn what it means to "spread your expenses"
- Discover the number that does not belong on your profit and loss statement
- Determine your breakeven number and why and how to schedule with this figure in mind
- Ascertain if your practice expenses are in the healthy range for all categories
- Identify the questions to ask when forecasting expenses
- Understand three strategies that raise your practice’s value
For the Dentist and Practice Owner:
The advanced class covers all aspects of practice finance. Attendees should:
- Be familiar with Profit & Loss Statements and have the ability to re-categorize the information, if necessary.
- Bring their P&L for the most recent 12 month period as well as the dental software Production, Collection, Adjustment, and Procedure Code reports for the same period.
- Bring calculators, pencils and a desire to learn – this course will go deep!
Suggested Audience: Dentists and Practice Owners
Suggested Format: Partial Day; Workshop Format
They need our touch to unleash the brilliance we seek. Shelley Renee guides teams to uncover the beauty and potential that already exists in their practices. How can you cut, shape, and polish the gem that is in your care?
Today’s practice owner faces challenges in unifying the dental team and elevating communications to reduce conflict and increase profitability. Shelley Renee believes we can each be the designer of our own experience. Her presentations clarify the strategies and systems that maximize the team approach, where each team member thinks and communicates as a leader. Organizing teams, implementing systems, and achieving goals are part of the overall solutions she provides for creating peaceful, productive and profitable teams.
Shelley Renee has over 30 years’ experience in managing dental practices. The knowledge and skills gained through hands-on experience have shaped her current success as a practice management speaker and consultant.
Shelley is a member of the Academy of Dental Management Consultants, Speaking Consulting Network, Dental Speakers Bureau, Directory of Dental Speakers, Dental Consultant Connection, and American Association of Dental Office Managers. She is a program advisor for Care Credit and is certified by Bent Ericksen as an HR employment compliance consultant. She is also a graduate of The Consulting U, a highly respected masters training program for dental practice management consultants.
- New Jersey Dental Association
- 3rd District Dental Society; Albany, NY
- Henry Schein Fall Festival, NJ
- Dental Specialist Study Club; Ottawa, CA
- Mercer County Dental Society
- Syracuse AADOM Central New York
- AADOM Virtual Study Club Webinar
-L. Amser; Office Manager
“Working with Shelley has put my vision of the office into a solid structured plan. After only 4 workshops, our team’s confidence in our services has increased dramatically and we learned the ways to really impress the patients.”
-Henry Huang DDS; Bethlehem Town Family Dental
-L. Reynolds; Bayonne Smile Center
“Shelley Renee worked magic with our team. With laser precision she cut to the heart of the matter and with care, clarity and wisdom she adeptly transformed our practice into its efficient potential, all the while keeping spirits high and inspiring a well-motivated and eager team. ”
-Allan L. Nahman, DDS
“Shelley is an exceptional speaker. Her workshops are interactive, effective and well planned out.”
-Dr. V. Popova
“Even the best clinicians have trouble maximizing the profitability, patient flow, and efficiency of their practices. When it comes to dental transitions, bottom lines sell and potential does not. Shelley has the perceptiveness to identify problem areas, the knowledge to fix them, and the experience to help any dentist realize the potential of their practice.”
-E. Scott Weinberger, Esq. Attorney at Law
“Your presentation was very informative. As a dental hygienist, I learned many techniques that I will implement in my office. Thank you!”
-J. Emile; Lakeview Dental Associates
“Shelley’s workshops had an immediate effect on the efficiency of our office.”
-Dr. R Salvatore, Jr.
“Very important points were covered that applied to our practice.”
-C. Sewall; Esthetic Dental Care
“When we hired Shelley Renee, we were a stressed out office consumed with employee conflicts, broken appointments and inconsistent daily reports. We are now enjoying a happy staff, consistent schedule and our profits are in a bracket we never thought possible (and still growing)! Every dental office will benefit by trusting Shelley Renee.”
-Melanie Castaldo; Practice Manager
“What a humbling and enlightening presentation you gave. The content certainly gave me a lot to think about and change about myself.”
“Shelley’s enthusiasm for her work is contagious. Her smile is infectious and her workshops create a fun, easy listening environment.”
-Amara, patient coordinator
Why choose Shelley?
- With over 30 years’ experience in managing dental practices, the knowledge and skills gained through hands-on experience have shaped her current success as a practice management speaker and consultant.
- Program advisor for Care Credit.
- Certified by Bent Ericksen as an HR employment compliance consultant.
- Graduate of The Consulting U, a highly respected masters training program for dental practice management consultants.