- Digital Records/ Recordkeeping
- Practice Management
- Virtual Presentations
Lorne Lavine, DMD
Going Paperless in a HIPAA World
Many dental practices are moving towards a paperless environment, motivated by the promise of increased efficiency and decreased costs. The problem for many practices is that getting from here to there can be quite challenging. There are multiple hardware and software systems that need to work together, and getting objective advice from sales reps can be an exercise in frustration. New HIPAA and HITECH regulations complicate the process.
This is a case of what you don’t know CAN hurt you.
Dr. Lorne Lavine—former periodontist, certified HIPAA Security Professional and leading authority on technology in the dental practice—delivers timely and practical lectures that will empower and guide participants through the potentially confusing technological maze of running a dental office in the 21st century.
Going paperless doesn’t have to be costly or confusing. Dr. Lavine provides attendees with the tools and techniques needed to transition their practices efficiently and effectively.
Attendees will learn a 6-Step Treatment Plan for deciding which technology to add and when, as well as how to integrate and sequence the technologies into the practice, involve the team and avoid costly mistakes.
- Evaluate a “treatment plan” for adding technology in stages that considers both the impact on the staff as well as the practice’s budget
- Identify and analyze third-party software that supplements dental practice management software
- Understand the latest advances in dental technology such as 3D imaging, 3D impressions, digital radiography, caries detection, and other high-tech devices
- Develop a sophisticated plan to monitor and back up the data to ensure little to no downtime even in the event of a disaster
- Discover new advances in dental technology, including data security, firewalls and virus protection
Suggested Format: Full Day, Half Day and Keynote
Hands-on Workshop: Attendees Bring Laptop or Windows Tablet
Suggested Audience: Dentist
Ignorance of HIPAA rules can mean massive penalties and loss of patients.
Recent changes to HIPAA rules have clarified the potential fines and penalties for non-compliance up to as much as $1.5M. Many practices that have had to report breaches have lost upwards of 25% of their patients immediately.
Dr. Lavine walks attendees through a step-by-step game plan which details the policies and procedures that practices must implement to move toward full compliance.
- Illuminate HIPAA, HITECH, and Omnibus Guidelines
- Learn a 6-step plan for determining which technology to add and when
- Discover how regulations affect the need for privacy and security of the practice’s data
- Analyze add-on programs that increase functionality of your practice management software
- Recognize the software systems that are available to help move you toward compliance
- Learn the best ways to protect your data and develop a disaster recovery protocol
Suggested Format: Workshop, Lecture — Up to 3 hours
Suggested Audience: Dentist and Spouse
Dentists need someone who not only understands technology but also the unique needs of dental practices.
Dr. Lorne Lavine, a former periodontist, is known as the leading authority on technology in the dental practice. Founder of The Digital Dentist, he has extensive hands-on experience with most practice management software, image management software, digital cameras, intraoral cameras, computers, networks, and digital radiography systems. Dr. Lavine has over 30 years invested in the dental and dental technology fields.
Dr. Lavine’s timely and practical lectures empower and guide participants through the potentially confusing technological maze of running a dental office in the 21st century.
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Academy of Endodontics
- California Dental Association
- Dentaltown Annual Meeting
- Yankee Dental Congress
- Seattle Study Club Annual Meeting
- Ohio State University
- Loma Linda University
- Maine Dental Association
- ACT Dental Summit
- Dentrix Business of Dentistry Conference
- British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (Scotland)
- Masters of Dentistry Extravaganza (Australia)
- Toronto Winter Clinic (Canada)
Dr. Lavine has spoken in 48 of 50 States.
Why choose Lorne?
- Dr. Lorne Lavine is a former periodontist, certified HIPAA Security Professional and leading authority on technology in the dental practice.
- Founder of The Digital Dentist, he has extensive hands-on experience with most practice management software, image management software, digital cameras, intraoral cameras, computers, networks, and digital radiography systems.
- Dr. Lavine has over 30 years in vested in the dental and dental technology fields.
- Dr. Lavine’s timely and practical lectures empower and guide participants through the potentially confusing technological maze of running a dental office in the 21st century.