68 N. 800 E.
Lindon, UT 84042
- Case Acceptance
- Practice Management
- Practice Transition
Has your practice plateaued and you’re wondering how to take it to the next level? The solution is here.
Effective leadership is the foundation of every successful practice. Exceptional service, teamwork and efficient systems are all products of leadership.
Utilizing a system of Transfacilitative Leadership and coaching that taps into the answers within each of us, Robert Spiel, MBA brings 25+ years’ experience in transformational leadership, business finance, strategy and management to his speaking and consulting programs.
With just the right mix of humor and heart combined with great story telling, simple truths and exceptional expertise, Bob impacts attendees, ramps up a meeting and creates a buzz afterward. Effective in front of groups of 100 or 1,000, his presentations are paradigm shifting and life changing.
Are you ready for your team to embrace self-directed leadership: owning results, tackling challenges and fully committing to practice success?
Stress, frustration and contention are chronic in dentistry today. The dental practice which incorporates “Upside Down Leadership” principles changes these dynamics by creating a framework for participation and growth, establishing clear expectations and showing genuine appreciation. This mentored leadership model enlists, engages, and empowers team members to create a culture of high performance and loyalty.
With over 25 years’ experience in transformational leadership, Bob Spiel strips the mystery away from true leadership and team building in this highly interactive and insightful presentation. Designed for every member of a dental team desiring to take their personal leadership skills and practice success to the next level and beyond.
- Differentiate between perfection and excellence, and the impact each has on personal and business success
- Develop skills for letting go of past challenges and refocusing on the future
- Overcome personal perceptions and beliefs that prevent progress
- Build a culture of trust, appreciation, shared responsibility and positivity
- Establish effective communication channels for two-way feedback
- Coach team members to increase their performance
- Become proactive practice leaders
Suggested Format: Full or Half Day, Workshop or Lecture, Keynote
Suggested Audience: Dentist and Team
Do frequent cancellations or an open schedule keep you awake at night? Are you wondering why patients aren’t saying “yes”? Starting to doubt your treatment recommendations and yourself?
Every provider would like to do more for their patients while having a busier schedule. Dental teams find purpose and satisfaction when treatment is recommended, scheduled, completed and ultimately the patient is thrilled with the outcome. Learn a total team, skills-based approach to case acceptance: where every encounter is an opportunity to lead patients with warmth and rapport to ultimately convert their needs into wants.
Utilizing adult learning techniques for greater information retention, Bob teaches a straight forward patient care and co-diagnosis formula which leads patients to “own” their treatment and understand the urgency—preventing much greater costs and discomfort later. Strip away the mystery and learn techniques for creating intense patient loyalty and the reason loyal patients are the backbone of the practice.
Grow your practice, turbocharge your team, increase case acceptance and create an army of patients who are ambassadors for your practice.
- Renew your passion for the fundamentals
- Establish ultra-loyal patients and shut the patient revolving door
- Differentiate your practice while increasing referrals through a superior standard of care
- Convert patient needs into wants by asking, appreciating and actively listening
- Create a practice culture that is driven by exceptional patient care and communication
- Be happier when you come home each night
- Boost practice production and increase the bottom line
Suggested Format: Full or Half Day, Workshop or Lecture, Keynote
Suggested Audience: Dentist and Team
Only 1 out of 4 dental associateships will succeed. Of the 25% that do become partners, only 1/2 will survive. Learn the secrets of those who have found success.
For too long the dental industry has viewed transitions as a “project” or a “deal” consummated by a contract. There is another model which has shown a 90% success rate. It is process oriented vs. project oriented and takes the long view, focusing on building partnerships instead of just creating a contract.
This new paradigm is a facilitative approach that utilizes a transition quarterback managing the process while maintaining a long-term relationship with the providers. The model employs a “vetting, setting and netting” method that provides the framework for practice success. The very nature of dentistry is to establish strong patient relationships, and in order to do that effectively we must build strong doctor-to-doctor relationships, as well. Further, for practices to thrive in our changing economic environment—especially as the number of dental corporations multiply—establishing effective partnerships will be more important than ever for the general practitioner.
- Understand the importance of and the steps for properly vetting potential associate/partner candidates
- Assess personal preparedness by reviewing financial givens and core values
- Establish clear steps for setting the right candidate up for success
- Define provider and team conflict resolution and communication protocols
- Form a feedback loop and personal growth plan
- Prepare to enjoy the physical, financial, social and emotional benefits that derive from a solid doctor-to-doctor relationship
Suggested Format: Half Day, Workshop or Lecture, Keynote
Suggested Audience: Dentist
With just the right mix of humor and heart combined with great story telling, simple truths and exceptional expertise, he is able to impact his attendees, ramp up a meeting and create a buzz afterward. Effective in front of groups of 100 or 1,000, his presentations are paradigm shifting and life changing.
Utilizing a system of Transfacilitative Leadership™ and coaching that taps into the answers within each of us, Bob provides the framework by which those answers can be looked at, prioritized and acted upon. Bob has 25+ years’ experience in transformational leadership, business finance, business strategy and management. His business and healthcare consulting firm specializes in team and leadership development, strategic planning, business transitions and communication/conflict resolution coaching.
Bob has been published in Dental Economics, The Progressive Dentist, The Progressive Orthodontist, Dental Products Report, AADGP Contact and the AADOM Observer. He has been both a hospital and surgical center CEO, and is a former adjunct member of the Health Care Administration faculty at BYU-Idaho.
Would you like your attendees to gain the skills and understanding to transform employees into a team, and a team into colleagues? Help them build an energized and profitable dental practice through Robert Spiel, MBA’s speaking programs.
- Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting
- Carestream OrthoTrac Users (keynote)
- Carestream Win OMS Users (keynote)
- Carestream PracticeWorks Users (multiple, including keynote)
- American Association of Dental O?ce Managers (AADOM)
- American Academy of Dental Group Practices (AADGP)
- American Academy of Dental Practice Administration (AADPA)
- Platinum Professional Development – Australia
- Academy of Dental Management Consultants (multiple)
- Speaking Consulting Network (multiple)
- Star of the South
- Third District Dental Society; New York
- P.A.L.S. (Practice Administrators Leadership Solutions)
- Study Club Family First Dental Annual Meeting
- Desert Hills Dental Annual Meeting
- Weaver, Reckner, Rhinehart and Associates Annual Meeting
- Idaho Assisted Living Association
- Idaho Mental Health Providers Assoc.
- Assisted Living Pharmacy Association
- United Parcel Service, Salt Lake
—Dr. Chuck Schumacher
“I learned more about myself than managing a practice and that, in turn, makes me a better leader.”
—Dr. Jim Doyle
“I never thought I would ever appreciate or enjoy a motivational type speaker, but I had a great time, learned a lot, and was captivated by Bob — very professional and sincere.”
—Dr. Clint Ambroson
“Bob brings a wealth of knowledge to his attendees and presents in an informative energetic and enjoyable format. One of the very best practice management consultants today.”
—Kathleen Moore, Executive Director Third District Dental Society of New York
“Bob has presented as a guest speaker and most recently as our keynote speaker. Bob engages audiences with his real life dental experiences and stories on teamwork and leadership. The feedback that we received from our attendees was 100% positive. Bob is professional, efficient and one of the easiest presenters that I work with. We consider Bob part of our Carestream team.”
—Leslie Arsenault; Corporate Events CareStream Dental
“As a meeting planner for over 30 years, I have experienced thousands of dental presentations. At the Star of the South meeting in 2013, I spent the day listening to one of the best speakers of my career. Bob delivered two powerful presentations that earned him standing ovations and near perfect critiques. Bob Spiel is a MUST on any program that needs a power hitter to deliver a grand slam!”
—Andy Doerffer, DDS; Practicing Dentist and Meeting Planner Greater Houston Dental Society
“Bob Spiel will energize and entertain the audience with his message mixed with just the right amount of humor. He motivates, makes you think and you will walk away with a better perspective for your professional life.”
—Lois Banta, CEO, Founder Banta Consulting
“Bob, you nailed the High Impact Team Training workshop I recently attended! Each participant left the session with a clear understanding of how teamwork (especially passing-off) pays off in increased satisfaction with one’s responsibilities to the practice.”
—Doug Carlsen DDS Speaker, Consultant, Author
Why choose Bob?
- 30 years experience in transformational leadership, business finance, business strategy and management.
- Bob training and coaching methods tap into answers within each of us.
- Bob provides the framework by which those answers can be looked at, prioritized and acted upon.
- His business and healthcare consulting firm specializes in team and leadership development, strategic planning, business transitions and communication/conflict resolution coaching.
- He has been both a hospital and surgical center CEO, and is a former adjunct member of the Health Care Administration faculty at BYU-Idaho.